Saltash.net Year 11 students celebrate maths results

Profile image for Em_Williams

By Em_Williams | Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 16:48

A number of Year 11 students at saltash.net are celebrating after finding out they have already secured a GCSE A*-C grade eight months early.

They sat the exam in November and, out of a year group of 236 students, 62% have now achieved at least a C or better. The remaining 38% of students will have other chances later on in the year to achieve a higher grade.

The news was well received at the school particularly as last year's Year 11 had been adversely affected by the last minute raising of grade boundaries.  The school is still involved in an ongoing appeal against the AQA exam board, contesting the 2012 Maths Modular results.  Following this, the school decided to switch exam board and move to a Linear exam at the start Autumn Term.

Commenting on the latest results, head teacher Isobel Bryce said: "We are so proud of our Year 11 students who responded brilliantly to all the help and support given to them by our Maths department. 

The 62% achieved places them eighteen percentage points higher than similar schools nationally at this stage of the year. It shows that last summer's AQA results were completely anomalous and we will continue to do all that we can to fight for justice for the young people involved."

      

Comments

       
max 4000 characters
        
   

Latest Stories in Saltash

       
      

Local Vouchers

       
  • Much more than just a holiday property directory and it's FREE

    Cornwall4u Where To Stay In Cornwall

    Numerous pages of 'What's Going On' in Cornwall which will be of interest to your customers so add your holiday property and tell them about our other pages with Cornish stories and lots more!

    Contact: 01872 571905

    Valid until: Wednesday, July 29 2015

     
  • DDR rates available from £19 this summer at the Copthorne Hotel Plymouth

    Copthorne Hotel Plymouth

    Looking for a venue to hold your training, meeting or conference this summer, then look no further! The Copthorne Hotel are offering DDR rates from £19 per person, city centre location with parking

    Terms: Offer available on bookings made between 24/07/2014 - 31/8/2014. Event must take place before 31/12/2014.
    Not available in conjunction with any other offer. Voucher must be printed for offer

    Contact: 01752421954

    Valid until: Sunday, August 31 2014

     
  • School Holidays -Family of 4 - All Inclusive - Just £1599 Total Price - From Bristol + Free Parking

    Peter Goord Travel

    Bristol to Tunisia - Dates available throughout August.
    7 nights All Inclusive
    2 Adults / 2 children 4*- Total Price from just - £1599
    5* From Just - £1699-Adult Only prices from just £449-01752364186

    Terms: Prices correct at time of posting and subject to availability. Free
    parking at Bristol must be asked for when booking . For more details
    Call 01752 364186 or email info@petergoordtravel.co.uk

    Contact: 01752421872

    Valid until: Sunday, August 10 2014

     
   

Local Jobs

       
   

Search for...

       
        
Min price is bigger than Max price
        
Min price is bigger than Max price
        
Min rent is bigger than Max rent